Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Google Pac Man Cartography

The Google Maps Pac Man April Fool's map has been up for a while now and has been mentioned all over the web. They have transformed the world into a giant Pac-Man maze. I decided to take a look at some of the more interesting and/or well-known places on earth to play. Some of them look fantastic even if the street patterns are a bit vague at that close a zoom level. Enjoy!

I have always been really bad at Pac-Man. Here I am about to get eaten by Pac-Man bullies on the suburban Rochester, New York street where I spent much of my formative youth.
Getting mugged in Queens Park, Toronto, Canada.
The Battery, Manhattan, NYC
 Chased by Putin's thugs outside of Red Square, Moscow
Climbing up the mountain to get to Machu Picchu in Peru.
The Ginza area, Tokyo, Japan
Stupidly chasing my tormentors in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
 Circling the Arc de Triomphe, Place de L'Etiole , Paris
Finally, getting a measure of revenge near the Royal Residence in Central Marrakesh, Morocco.


No comments: